We kept ourselves so busy during our visit in Utah. There are always so many people we could see and so much to do. We never get to it all. This trip we spent a lot of time down with my sister, Sierra and her husband Roy, and it was so much fun to get to know them better. They were so kind to let us stay with them for a while and make our trip very memorable.
The Softball Game
My brother in law is on a softball team for work and invited us down to come see him play and play on the team as well. They were in need of more women so I did get to play for an inning. It has been a long time since I played softball (I played for a while in high school), and it was so fun. I even hit the ball and made it one base. Growing up my dad played softball and it was a fun summer memory. The weather was perfect and the boys found ways to entertain themselves.
Sure do love that sweet boy. He was getting pretty good at hitting the ball when I pitched to him.
We were really really lucky, because Uncle Ben even came with us and hung out!
He's a cutie! At the wedding the photographer thought Ben and I were married, I think because Caleb looks so much like him.
Brigham Young University
Caleb requested a trip to my school during our visit and so since my sister also graduated from BYU, we decided to take both boys down for a short visit. We also got to meet up with some friends of mine that had just moved from our Ward in Texas to Provo and it was great to see them. BYU is so beautiful and I love that campus so much. Sierra is a middle school science teacher and so she spent most of her time in the Erying Science Building. It is a fun building for kids so we took the boys there to play for a while.
This building is full of small science experiments. Here Caleb could make a tornado in the jugs.
They had an amazing display of crystals this time.
This drum allows you to feel sound waves. As the person up top hits the drum, the person down below can feel the burst of air from the sound waves.
Not a great picture but in the middle above the dinosaur bones is a fun display that you can make move. Obviously I have no idea what to call it.
Playing some music. This building was never a great place to study for me. Lots of things to distract you especially when people brought their kids.
Isn't it Gorgeous!! Love that Caleb loves to visit BYU with me.
We made sure we got some BYU creamery ice-cream and had a great little visit down memory lane.
Seven Peaks
For our big play day, we decided to go to Seven Peaks in Provo. I had been once when my family visited Utah and it is a great water park. My sister had a yearly pass and we were able to find me a great deal on Groupon for Caleb and I to go. Caleb was so excited and couldn't wait to get there!
One of the fun pictures we sent Dad to keep him updated on our goings on. We sure did miss Daddy!
There was a bit of confusion when we first got there about how my Groupon pass worked, so after talking to 4 different people in different lines, I finally met someone who knew what to do. Sierra took the boys to the wave pool during my adventure.
Of course Caleb made a bee line for the wave pool and swam right to the back. No fear!
I must admit though, with all the people and the big waves, he had me a bit nervous. He was tough to spot at times.
Although our camera is waterproof, I knew I couldn't take Caleb down the slides with it. So I had to snap a few pictures and then put everything away in a locker so we could hang out with the boys.
Caleb was nervous to try out the water slides so it took us a while to make it over there.
On the left is a fun water bowl thing that Caleb did not want to do, but the first thing he did do was the rope swing on the left. I was surprised but he immediately got in line and grabbed the rope and dived in.
Cute Braydon all ready to go!
It was a great day! When Caleb finally decided to try to the water slides with me, he had a blast. We would immediately get out and run up to the top again for another chance down the slide. We did wait long enough in the day that the lines weren't long and so we could get right in. We did all the 2 person tube slides and had so much fun together! Most definitely the highlight of the trip for me.
Thank you Aunt Sierra for going to Seven Peaks with us!!
These 2 are such troopers!
Sure did love my time with my boy. Nothing like a week long Mom and Son date!
The Rocket!
My sister is a science teacher and my bother in law is an engineer so needless to say they are both science geeks. They happened to mention to Caleb that they planned on making a rocket launcher and boy was Caleb excited! For days he couldn't wait to make it down to their house to build the rocket launcher and he did not want Uncle Roy to build it without him. Of course being the science geeks that they are, this could not be some simple, small rocket launcher.
The beginning of the rocket launcher. I had to send lots of pictures of it as we were building to Brydon because he was so curious about it and wanted to see it too.
Fortunately, Roy is a very patient man. Caleb wasn't very helpful but he did love the tennis ball hanging in the middle of the garage and the PVC pipe made a perfect bat. I decided we might need to hang a ball in our garage, but not in the middle, unless you want to get hit by it the whole time you are working.
Got to love boys! Thanks for being super patient, Uncle Roy!
THE ROCKET LAUNCHER!
It is pretty amazing! It even has a trigger and everything. I have learned that Roy does not do small and simple things.
Check out how it works.
We brought the launcher in the backyard so we could build a fire in the fire pit and roast marshmallows on our last night in Utah.
A Super Cute Marshmallow Chomper!
It was so fun to get to hang out with my sweet nephew! Sure do wish we all lived closer.
Our last night in Utah was so much fun. We got to pick some strawberries from the garden, roast marshmallows, launch a rocket, and just hang out before we had to begin the drive home the next day.
I sure wish we lived closer to my siblings, we had so much fun together and it was a perfect trip to start off the summer. On the way home we got to see my brother and his wife in New Mexico one last time, they are so kind to let us crash at their place on our way to and from Utah. Then it was home to Texas.
We were so excited to see Dad and I think Brydon missed us a ton!
Such an amazing trip and I can't wait till we all get to see each other again!

























No comments:
Post a Comment