Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Utah Trip

Here are some of the pictures from our Utah trip.

We saw this just as we crossed the border of Utah.  We thought it looked like a giant ice cream scope with whipped cream and a cherry on top!  The things we do to entertain ourselves.

It was really exciting to learn some of my birth father's family genealogy as I was able to get information from my grandparents head stone.  Although I never felt like I had to search for my birth father or that there was a hole that needed to filled, I have been so grateful to connect with that part of myself.  I really feel it just adds more richness to my life and doesn't detract from the great family I grew up with. 

Caleb got to go roller skating for the first time with Uncle Michael, Kohl and Max.  We had so much fun.  Caleb loves Kohl and Max and talks about them almost everyday.  They are his best "brothers"/cousins and he is wants to see them again so badly.  It was great to spend so much time with them. 

I got spend a day with one of Brydon's cousins and his wife and son.  I sure wish we lived closer to them.  It was nice to finally meet his amazing wife and we had a great time chatting and visiting Temple Square.  I love Temple Square!  It was fun to capture this picture of our two boys.  Right now they are the only Manning boy great-grandchildren and so here is the future of the Manning name so far.  I think it is looking pretty cute and bright right now!
Yep this is BYU's campus.  I had to take Caleb to see where mommy went to school.  We got to walk through a small portion of the campus and the Museum of Art.  Caleb thought it was a beautiful school (which it is) and now tells us that he will be going to college at the pretty school mommy went to!  So right now BYU is winning ;)
I really found New Mexico to be so different than anything I had ever seen before.  You would often drive for quite a ways seeing nothing and then you would find this random house in the middle of no where.  I never saw a yard with grass, they all had dirt yards.  I always believed Wyoming was barren but I think New Mexico gives it a run for its money. 
Our view for most of the drive through New Mexico and Texas.  There is something beautiful about the clear blue sky and endless prairie.  We sure are lucky to live in such a beautiful and diverse country.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post. You are so positive, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete