We also have been working on telling time a little bit so Caleb is showing Daddy what he knows about time so far.
Saturday, July 16, 2011
My Teacher Heart is so Proud
We have been working for sometime with Caleb on learning letters, sounds, and writing his name at his own pace. Just all those fun things to get ready for school and to learn how to read. My son is a huge perfectionist and doesn't like to try anything until he can master it. So reading and writing has been interesting. Well yesterday, I finally pulled out the beginner reader books I have been saving and we did a guided reading lesson. It was so fun to have dad come home and have Caleb read him stories for the first time. He did get a little flustered on the last book but was able to work through it. He loves holding a real book in his hands and reading it. It is so fun to watch your own child learn and grow. He is only 4 years old and I am excited to see him feel proud to be a reader.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahaha!!! I love the clock!! It so brings me back to my elementry school days!! I have a confession I always wanted one cause I thought it was so cool and the fact that I could tell time on it I thought was soooo awesome!! I know i'm a nerd!! Way to go Caleb that is very awesome!! Keep up the great work!
ReplyDelete