Sunday, July 17, 2011

National Museum of the United States Air Force

One of Wright-Patterson's claims to fame is the National Museum of the United States Air Force.  This is something Brydon had visited often when his family lived in Ohio and has always been a favorite.  He would often talk about this museum and how cool it was.  Of course, for many years Brydon wanted to be a pilot and was obsessed with airplanes, so this museum was perfect when he was in high school.  He is actually so devoted to this museum that when we visited the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum, he could only think about how this museum was better.  We went twice because it is literally so huge.  This museum is 3 giant hangars and has an outdoor exhibit that we did not get a chance to see.  It was amazing and I learned more about planes and Air Force history then I ever knew existed.  The Air Force does have an interesting history and it has be really neat to learn about it.  I couldn't believe the size of the atomic bombs dropped on Japan in WWII or how huge some of our missiles are (check out both in the pictures below) .  Caleb loved this place and is becoming as obsessed with airplanes as his father was/is.  Caleb's room is now decorated with fighter jets just like Dad's office.  I most definitely could do worse than 2 boys who love to look at cool airplanes!


No comments:

Post a Comment