Monday, October 10, 2011

Pumpkin Chili

This is a dish I like to make about once or twice a year. It is really good, surprisingly. We got this recipe from Brydon's Aunt Lou and Uncle Will. I really like it spicy and think it tastes best that way, so you may want to get hot chili sauce.  It is also a great recipe you can just toss into the Crock pot.   

Pumpkin Chili
2 lbs. ground beef                              2 cans (10 ¾ oz) tomato soup
1 med. onion, chopped                          2 cans (12 oz) hot chili beans
1 c. canned pumpkin                            2 bottles (12 oz) chili sauce
1 tsp. salt                                           1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. pepper                                      1 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice                      1 lb. country sausage
Brown sausage and ground beef with onion, drain.  In stock pot, add meat and remaining ingredients.  Add water or beef stock, if desired to reduce thickness.  Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought to put pumpkin in chili but I love both so I'm sure it's delicious! We'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete