Sunday, October 30, 2011

Our Primary Program

Today was our annual Primary Program. This is a big day for the Primary Presidency and is a great culminating celebration for the year.  Each year one entire church service is dedicated to all the children in the ward from the ages of 3-11.  The children sing the songs they have learned and share their thoughts and testimonies about the topics we have discussed throughout the year.  It is one of my favorite church services and was my first to organize as Primary President.   Our children did amazing!  Each child had either prepared a talk, bore their own testimony, or shared a their own simple thought about Jesus Christ, the Restoration of the Gospel, Temples, and Scriptures.  This is what Caleb said enthusiastically into the mike, "I am me.  I'm a son of God.  I am born to be a King.  I came to earth from Heaven to live on Earth.  I want to learn about Heavenly Father and share the gospel.  I really love earth and my family and my dog Cooper.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  They have the sweetest testimonies and I am always amazed at their knowledge.  We had some great enthusiastic singers and some of our older children sang beautiful solos.  My heart was full of joy.  I have come to love these children so much.  It is such a blessing to be a part of Primary and spend 2 hours every Sunday with these sweet spirits.  It is truly an experience that makes my week and teaches me so much. 

I love primary and what it teaches our children.  A few weeks ago, Caleb had the opportunity to give a talk during our Primary time.  He was asked to talk about missionary work.  We had so much fun teaching him about missionary work and pulling out all of Daddy's missionary photos.  He is so excited to be a missionary someday!  On the day of his talk, he dressed in his suit just like a missionary and borrowed Dad's missionary tag.  He gave a great talk and continues to wear Dad's tag whenever he can.  I am so grateful for the opportunities Primary gives us to teach our children about Jesus Christ and to live the principles of the Gospel.  I am so grateful to be a part of Primary!
A Pretty Cute Future Elder Manning

I know the time will fly before I know it.  Wonder where he will go?

1 comment:

  1. The kids did a Beautiful job!!! You must be very proud!!! It made me miss primary sooooo much!!!

    I love Caleb with his missionary tag!!

    ReplyDelete