I just realized that it was ONE YEAR ago today that we officially joined the Air Force! Brydon was commissioned a year ago. He has had a pretty amazing year and is sure doing some great things. Sure am proud of you, babe! We love you!
In honor of our one year, I want to share this poem that was given to me at one of my "introduction to military life" classes. It is one of my favorite Military Wife's Poems. I am so grateful for all the mentors and amazing people we have met that have helped us on our military journey. We have worked for some of the best Commanders and have the best Flight. We could not have asked for a better year or to have been surrounded by better people. We could not have done it without you all!
|
When God Created The Military
Wife
The Good Lord was creating a model for military wives and
was into his sixth day of overtime when an angel appeared. She said, "Lord, you
seem to be having a lot of trouble with this one. What’s wrong with the standard
model?"
The Lord replied, "Have you seen the specs on this order?
She has to be completely independent, possess the qualities of both father and
mother, be a perfect hostess to 4 or 40 with an hour’s notice, run on black
coffee, handle every emergency imaginable without a manual, be able to carry on
cheerfully, even if she is pregnant and has the flu, and she must be willing to
move to a new location 10 times in 17 years. And oh yes, she must have six pairs
of hands." The angel shook her head, "Six pair of hands? No
way!"
The Lord continued, "Don’t worry, we will make other
military wives to help her. And we will give her an unusually strong heart so it
can swell with pride in her husband’s achievements, sustain the pain of
separations, beat soundly when it is overworked and tired, and be large enough
to say "I understand" when she doesn’t and say, ‘I love you’
regardless".
"Lord," said the angel, touching his arm gently "Go to
bed and get some rest. You can finish this tomorrow". "I can’t stop now", said
the Lord "I am so close to creating something unique. Already this model heals
herself when she is sick, can put up six unexpected guests for the weekend, wave
goodbye to her husband from a depot, pier or runway and understand why it’s
important that he leave."
The angel circled the model of the military wife, looked
at it closely and sighed, "It looks fine, but it’s too soft". "She might look
soft", replied the Lord, "but she has the strength of a lion. You would not
believe what she can endure." |
 |
Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across
the cheek of the Lord’s creation. "There’s a leak", she announced. "Something is
wrong with the construction. You are trying to put too much into this
model."
The Lord appeared offended at the angel’s lack of
confidence. "What you see is not a leak", he said, "It’s a tear." "A tear? What
is it there for?", asked the angel. The Lord replied, "It’s for joy, sadness,
pain, disappointment, loneliness, pride and a dedication to all the values that
she and her husband hold dear." "You are a genius!" exclaimed the
angel.
The Lord looked puzzled and replied, "I didn’t put it
there". |
Great poem. Very true! I'm so glad you guys joined so we could get to know you!!!
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable! I can't believe it has already been a year! Congratulations you guys - what a wonderful journey, and thank you for your service to our country! My sister was a 'military wife' while her husband was in the Coast Guard for 5 years - - it is such a sacrifice and I honor you both for it. xoxo
ReplyDelete