Saturday, October 22, 2011

BIG Ambitions

The past couple weeks have been super crazy in our house!  Our Primary Program is in just one more week, I decided to take on sewing (with my very beginner sewing skills) rather complicated costumes for our entire family (dog included), and we have been training for this!
Our First Half Marathon!!

I am getting really excited about this race and my training has been going really well.  This week was a bit tough to fit in my long run but I have ran 12 miles without stopping and actually survived!  For a while we really contemplated running the full marathon, but then life's realities set in.  Finding time for TWO parents to train that much was really difficult and the fact is that Brydon had intense year surgery the beginning of the year and I had surgery in the middle so our bodies just weren't ready for something that intense.  And we really didn't want to hurt ourselves, so we are shooting for the Half and are excited to check off a goal on our list.  I must admit I think I could kind of get addicted to these.  We are a little worried Brydon won't be able to run as well as we hoped.  He recently hurt a tendon on his leg and so is having to take it easy right now.  We are crossing our fingers he can at least run at my SLOW pace!  The race is in two weeks and so the countdown begins.  I am super excited my Mom will be able to be here for the Primary Program, Halloween, and the big Race.  It will be so nice to have her support and help.  I might possibly be able to have my Grandpa and his wife come to yell for us as well.  We will see if he can keep that promise or not.  It would be pretty great to have such an amazing cheering squad.  It is going to be a very ambitious few weeks as we continue to train, I attempt to sew, and we complete the Primary program.  So I am crossing my fingers we can pull it all off and have a fun time doing it all!!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! You continue to amaze me Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! I'm so excited for all those things!!!! You will be great at all of them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete