All registered for Kindergarten!!! I can't believe it but my sweet baby boy is now 5 years old and is officially registered for Kindergarten. He is so excited and is counting down the days until school begins. We will start next Monday! My heart is heavy but so excited for him. I am going to miss my best buddy and being a stay at home mom is going to change drastically now. It was a tough decision to know if putting him into Kindergarten right now was best or not. With an August birthday, we could have waited a year but after a lot of thought and prayer, I think we are making the best decision for Caleb. He is super social and smart and really, really wants to learn and be in school. It is harder than I thought to send your baby out into the world. It has most definitely made me analyze my parenting more and wonder "Did I spend enough time with him?" "Did we teach him how to make good choices?" "Did I enjoy the short time I had at home with him enough?" "Does he really know how loved and special he is?" "Is he really ready for school?" and "Did we do enough and do best?". We most definitely tried our best and we are most definitely not perfect parents but we were given an amazing son. Thank goodness for that.
In Abilene, kindergarten is all day and so he will be gone from 8-3. I was hoping we could work into this school thing by starting off with a half day but Oh Well! I will survive. The hardest part about it all is not that my baby is going to school but that I never dreamed it would be my only baby going to school. I thought I would have a few more years before the house was empty during the day. It is one of the moments when the realities of infertility hit just a little harder than others. Thank goodness for good friends and lots of fun craft projects to work on. Plus that marathon I am training for. I am sure between bugging the Elementary school through volunteer work and the PTA, Primary, and home projects, I will find ways to fill my time. I am so grateful for an amazing son who I am so proud to send to school.


No comments:
Post a Comment