Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kindergarten Here We Come!

Kindergarten Here We Come!!!
It was hard to believe but the big first day of Kindergarten finally arrived for us this past week.  Five years went so quickly and Caleb was so excited to start school.  It was a big day for the Manning family!

Caleb was so excited that he could hardly sleep that night and finally daddy snuggled him until they were both sound asleep.  Caleb requested a special breakfast of oatmeal but hardly ate any of it.  Instead he got all ready and then sat in the car waiting until we could leave.
I did convince him to get out of the car to take the traditional First Day Photo.  Look at how big that backpack looks on him!  What a smarty!
Daddy got to come be with us for the First Day of School.  It was fun to see how confident and excited Caleb was.  He only got a little bit nervous as we headed into the building but that quickly left.
An OFFICIAL KINDERGARTNER now!!
He made it through the long day from 8-3!
He even had a smile for me when he got out!!

Kindergarten has been a bit more of an adventure then we had hoped for.  Our experience at this elementary school has not been very smooth and we are currently trying to decide if we should continue on or find another option.  I actually didn't end up crying after I dropped him off.  I think the whole experience has surprised me so much that I was just worried about him.  I did eventually have my cry day on Wednesday though.  One of those my baby is in school and what is the best choice for our son moments!?!  More than anything I hope that he loves education as much as his parents do and Kindergarten is just the beginning!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about everything Jennifer. You are all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are things now? It blows my mind that he is starting school - -whew! You are the perfect advocate for your son, I'm confident you'll find what is best for you all. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete