One of my favorite traditions when we go home is to visit some of my best friends. My first teaching position was in Rapid City at Knollwood Elementary and I got the chance to work with some wonderful women who have become dear friends. I was a newly hired teacher along with 2 other wonderful women, Melissa and Amanda. Cary was and still is a 1st grade teacher there. They are amazing women that I truly admire and look up to. They are strong, Christian women who are amazing mothers and the best of the best educators. They juggle it all. I love getting to be around them and have been so grateful for their friendship. They always make me want to be a better person. We don't get to chat all the time or hang out very often, but every time we do, it feels like we were never apart that long. We love getting our kids together and Caleb refers to them all as his Rapid City Cousins. We most definitely claim them as family now. It is fun to see how our kids have grown and they are all turning out to be strong-willed, smarties! That we all love dearly.
This year we met at Melissa's house for our get together. We had started a tradition of a pool party, but unfortunately my in-laws had to bury their pool so Melissa was kind enough to host the water event this year :) Amanda got to join us and I was able to meet her little girl for the first time. We didn't get a picture of it though (sad). Or of them playing in the water. Guess that is what happens when you get talking too much! A few days later, Caleb and I went to Cary's house and after about an hour of lots of emotions, they finally ended the time together in a big heap. I think they like each other!
| Mollie, Caleb, and Eli (2011) |
| Ethan, Anna, Mollie, Eli, and Caleb (2011) |
| Anna, Ethan, Caleb, and Eli (2011) |
| Mollie, Caleb, and Ethan (2008) |
| Caleb and Mollie (2008) |
| Eli, Cary, Caleb, Jennifer, and Brydon (2008 when Eli came to visit us in Utah) |
On the left: Caleb, Cary, and Eli (2006) On the right: Caleb and Eli (2008)
On the left: Caleb, Jennifer, Cary, and Eli (2008) On the right: Caleb and Ethan (2010)
Caleb and Ethan (2011)
Best Buddies and Now Big Kindergartners!! Where did the time go!
No comments:
Post a Comment