Probably my favorite time with Caleb lately is on our drive to and from school. He loves that time to just talk and talk, so most of his fabulous conversations come from traveling in the car together.
Caleb: "Mom, were boys or girls born first?"
Mom: "Well do you remember who the first people on Earth where?"
Caleb: "Adam! So he was born first right?"
Mom: "Well technically he wasn't born, but he was first."
Caleb: "Then after Adam and Eve came Grandma and Grandpa, huh!"
Mom: "No, they came much much later."
We then had a long conversation about when Grandma and Grandpa finally came along and how he knew all that. Then we continued the conversation.
Caleb: "So when Adam and Eve had a baby. Was it a boy first?"
Mom: "Well as far as we know, yes."
Caleb: "Yep! Boys are older, huh?"
Mom: "Well a boy did come first."
Caleb: "You know, I am old. I sure feel old!"
During Spring Break, we visited the Zoo for lunch. While we were wondering around a high traffic area of the Zoo, I notice a little bare bum in a lsmall tree by the sidewalk. Sure enough! It was my son squatting down to drop a load in the middle of the Zoo. I run over, pull up his pants, and grab him to run to the bathroom.. The whole time he is telling me that he can't hold it and he just needs to go potty. We made it to the bathroom, but he sure wasn't embarrassed or anything about his actions. Because of course we just go to the bathroom where ever we need to. It must be a male thing! I was just really glad I didn't have to clean up that mess!
Our neighbors have recently gone through a divorce. They have 6 and 4 year old daughters. The father moved away a few weeks ago, and now the mother is moving to a new place. She has been busy loading and packing over the past few days. After watching the moving, Caleb asked me these questions.
Caleb: "Mom, has their dad moved away?"
Mom: "Yes, he did."
Caleb: "And now their mom is moving away, right?"
Mom: "Yes, she needs to move now."
Caleb: "So does that mean M & B could come live with us now and we could be their family?!"
Mom: "No, I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way."
Caleb: "Jesus is never going to give us a baby!!"
Mom: "Well that may be true but Heavenly Father loves and cares about our family."
We then stopped the car, and Caleb got out of the car.
Shouting loudly up to the sky with arms flailing, Caleb screamed: "Jesus! Give us a baby!" Turning to me he said, "There, Mom, I let Him know."
(Yep, I feel like doing that sometimes too. Yes, I do.)
After church one Sunday, I came home to find this Facebook post posted by my son's Primary teacher.
Laughter really is the best medicine for anything. Our little chatter box sure cracks me up! Kids really say and do the darn-dest things.
I love that he thought grandma and grandpa came right after Adam and Eve! I guess it's better than him thinking his parents came right after Adam and Eve!!
ReplyDeleteCaleb cracks me up!!!
I hope Jesus gives you guys a baby soon!!