Monday, April 9, 2012

Hippity Hoppity Easter!

Holidays are most definitely a big deal in our family and we love to decorate. But while Christmas is Brydon's favorite, mine is most definitely Easter!  I love spring time and all the different colors and spring flowers.  I always thought I would get married in spring with all the beautiful spring flowers so a Christmas wedding was actually really hard for me to plan.  In spring you can have an assortment of roses, tulips, daisy's, and lilacs and it just all works.  At least for me!
I love having a wreath on the front door of this house.  It just works well with the house.  So I was excited to make this lilac wreath.  Nothing says spring to a South Dakota raised girl like lilacs.  I grew up around giant lilac bushes that were so beautiful in spring.  They have always been one of my favorite flowers.  I think it turned out pretty well.

The base sponsored a free Breakfast with the Easter Bunny and we got to get a fun picture with the Easter Bunny after our breakfast
A few hours later, they had the big 5-6 year old Easter Egg Hunt.  Caleb was excited to see some old friends.
We had to find a way to wait patiently for the event to start.
It was a beautiful Texas day and he sure had a lot of fun grabbing those eggs.

We were so excited to spend this Easter with Daddy.  He missed the last 2 Easters.  Two years ago, Caleb and I were in South Dakota helping Brydon's parents after his dad's prostate cancer surgery and his mom's shoulder surgery.  Last year, he was at a Public Health training in Ohio.  So we had so much fun with Daddy!
Egg dying is so much fun!  You forget how much kids really love to do it.

Easter morning didn't quite work out how we had planned.  Caleb ran into our run (we thought because he was excited to go down stairs) and informed us that he had just thrown up.  He did however find the energy to hunt for the eggs and Easter basket that the Easter Bunny had left for him. 
It wasn't always easy to find all the eggs with a sick tummy.  Poor guy!
We spent the rest of the day resting and taking shifts at church so Brydon and I could fulfill our callings.  I was sad that he didn't get to show off the cute Easter outfit, but was grateful it was only a short 24 hour bug.  We did get to have a nice dinner with our amazing friends/family that evening. 

Easter is such a wonderful time of year and I am so grateful for our Savior.  We spent the 12 days before Easter reading scriptures about Christ's last few days of life and talking about the true meaning of Easter.  I am grateful for my testimony that Christ Lives and Truly Loves us!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, I LOVE your wreath!!! You really could leave it up all spring and summer.
    I'm so sorry caleb was sick :(
    We had such a great Easter with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the holidays so special! Poor Caleb being sick! I'm sure he enjoyed it in spite of the upset belly... how could he not?! You are inspirational!

    ReplyDelete