Sunday, February 26, 2012

STOMP

This week, Brydon and I had our late Valentine's date.  We went to see STOMP!!  It was a great night out with friends which included dinner and then an amazing show.  We had never seen STOMP before and it is spectacular.  The show only has 8 performers and for 1 hour and 40 minutes (with no intermission) these performers are making music with brooms, trash cans, their feet and hands, coffee cans, trash, pipes, kitchen sinks with rubber gloves, and barrels.  It is fast paced and exhausting to watch.  They even threw in some great humor.  The performers never talk but the actions and music speak loudly.  I found myself tapping my foot the whole time.  They are superbly talented musicians and it is Street Music at its best.
The flash was totally blinding but we got at least an OK picture!

I highly recommend STOMP if you ever get the chance to see it.  So grateful for friends who invited us to get tickets with them and see a show for the first time in a long, long time. 
We love the theater!

1 comment: