Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Memorable Temple Moments

A few weeks ago, we had the opportunity to finally attend the Lubbock Temple together.  Brydon and I hadn't been to the temple together since we took a special trip to Washington, DC.  We were grateful for the opportunity to go and for our friends who took Caleb for us.  It was a great day.  We were able to attend the temple with our very special friends.  Jacob is about to leave on his mission to Costa Rica in April and Brydon was able to escort him in the temple.  Jacob's father is currently deployed and wasn't able to be here for this special day.  He was greatly missed!  It was a beautiful day and was a great day at the temple with many friends from the Ward.  We are so grateful our friends let us be a part of their special day!
Brydon and Jacob (soon to be Elder!)
Jacob has the most amazing mother and we love them to death!
I am always humbled by the amazing families we have met in the military and the sacrifices they make to support our country.  Their father will be gone for 9 months total and will have missed the day the mission call was received, the day at the temple, possibly taking his son to the MTC, and is daughter's High School graduation.  We are lucky to know such a great family and we love them to death!

As we spent the day in Lubbock, I was often reminded of some of my most special moments at the temple.  Before we left Philadelphia, I was able to escort 3 of my dear Liberian friends to the temple.  They were some of my most unique and dear memories of service in the House of the Lord.  I miss these women so much and am so grateful for the lessons they taught me.  These 3 visits to the Washington DC Temple will always be very special memories.
Right before Brydon left for Officer Training, he was able to come with me to escort Yvina to the temple.  It was an amazing experience to watch her be sealed to her dear husband, who she had such fond and dear memories of.
Later while my mother was visiting, I was able to take Mary to the temple.  Yvina also came with us and it was another beautiful day.

Not long after we moved from Philadelphia, Mary was sealed to Quilly in the temple.  We are so proud of them and happy they get to be together forever.
Right before I moved, I then took Pahn to the temple.  She is such a dear friend and is so loving.  It was such a blessing to be with her in the temple.
That day, Pahn and Richard were sealed together.  They were so excited to be together forever and couldn't wait to call their children in Africa to tell them about their special day.
Me with my 3 special friends
All the dear African sisters that came with us.  I will probably never have such unique and yet special visits to the temple ever again!  I never would have guessed when we first moved to Philadelphia that I would truly see these women as sisters and dear friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these pictures, it was good to spend a moment remembering these women. I hope they are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed remembering these sweet sisters. You are so wonderful to have taken the time and effort to really get to know them and help them...you obviously were very special to each of them. I loved my time with the young women in the Philly ward, but also wish I had gotten to know the older sisters more...I kinda missed out on that. Thanks for sharing...Dan and I need to make it to the temple soon...it's always hard with the little ones.

    ReplyDelete