Last week I turned 32!! I figure I am still young enough that I don't need to lie yet. I also have a 5 year old that announced to the world that is was my birthday and that I am 32, so we have no secrets around here. I must admit that the 30's have been pretty great. I love being in my 30's and this year was by far one of the best birthday's ever. It was the birthday that just kept on giving.
The Birthday Celebration started the day before my birthday, when one of my friends held a small Ladies' Luncheon for me. It was a wonderful, fancy lunch that included her grandmother's china. I had never had a fancy lunch like this before and it was extra special. The meal was perfect, the Strawberry Cake fit me perfectly, and the friends were the best. I can't remember the last time I had a party where a bunch of friends organized a party for me and brought gifts. I felt very special and loved.
| We figured "5" would work just as well as "32"! |
On my birthday, I received many wonderful Facebook messages, phone calls, and spent the evening with my family. During the day, I substituted at Caleb's school and even got to share my birthday with a bunch of great third graders who were very kind and thought I was turning 21. Way nicer than kindergartners who usually thought I was turning 100. That evening my boys took me out to try Texas Roadhouse for the first time. We had a lot of fun there. Caleb loved telling everyone it was my birthday. He is just so much fun to be around! Having a birthday with a 5 year old is the best.
| I got to sit in the Birthday Saddle as the wait staff sang to me. Caleb loved it!! It was pretty neat. |
Over the weekend, we went to Dallas to meet up with some of our great friends from Philadelphia. They had remembered it was my birthday and before we left we had cake and ice cream to celebrate. It was so fun to get to celebrate with so many people.
There is no doubt that I have the best friends and family ever. I was totally spoiled rotten and felt so loved! It was an amazing birthday and I am so grateful for every one's love and friendship.
Yep...32 ain't too bad at all!
YAY!! It was so much fun!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had such a nice birthday! You deserve the best!
ReplyDelete