Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Holiday Rush!

Well the middle of December has completely come upon us way too fast! It had been a crazy few weeks as the Holidays and other fun adventures come in full swing. We have had an adventurous few weeks and so I have a little catching up to do.

1. First, in November we celebrated my Dad's 60th Birthday. My mom wanted to do something special but things were not working out as planned. Finally at 3pm in the afternoon, my mom called and asked if Caleb and I could be on a plane in Dallas by 6:30 in the morning? (Brydon had to work) So after a whirlwind packing and 3 hour drive, we boarded a plane and flew to South Dakota and totally surprised my Dad. We got to see lots of family and even had a great snow day (that I was very happy to enjoy and then leave in South Dakota). Unfortunately no fun pictures but it was a great whirlwind trip for the weekend!

2. Next we had decided to spend Thanksgiving this year with Brydon's Grandpa Manning and Grandma Sue in Oakdale, LA. They are currently serving a 1 1/2 mission there and we are so proud of them. It was a fairly easy 10 hr. drive through some beautiful country. There will be lots of pictures of the area and all the fun we had. We are so grateful they let us come visit them and be a part of their mission. The people there love them so much!
3.  After we got back, we began decorating for Christmas and getting all the shopping done.  One day while I was out shopping, I got a call from the school nurse informing me that Caleb possibly had something stuck in his ear.  Possibly a bean from the Math Center.  This began the Bean Saga!  Who knew a bean could suck up so much time and energy.  This bean was not to be mastered by the Doctors in Abilene.  If we were not Military, this would have been the most expensive bean ever!  After an Urgent Care visit, one ER, a no show ENT (the doc decided not to show), another ER, the Med Group Clinic, and finally a kind, compassionate ENT; the bean was removed.  It was in for 5 days and he ended up missing around 1 1/2 days of school for it!  And so now we have learned a valuable lesson in our home. 
DO NOT STICK ANYTHING SMALLER THAN YOUR ELBOW IN YOUR EAR!
Check out our families new silly theme song, my Dad's office pals discovered for us!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZw7lWd1btQ

4.  This weekend was Brydon's Med Group Party.  The theme this year was a Masquerade.  I was able to find another nice dress in town, get it altered for modesty, and we had a great time at the Masquerade.  I even got to participate in a Musical Chairs Scavenger Hunt, for which I was very glad for my modest dress and ability to be sober.  I held my own during the game for a few rounds, squeezing through the very crowded ballroom.  But I didn't win.  Oh well, I did get to take this hottie home :)  Can't loose with him by my side!

5.  On Saturday, we had a Family Photo shoot with Renee Booe.  She is a Natural Light Photographer and I have always wanted these kind of pictures.  They are my absolute favorite!!!  She was recommended by some friends and we had the best picture experience we have ever had.  It was actually super fun, even with a somewhat cranky boy!  She worked her magic well on him.  Here is little snapshot preview of our shoot.  I think they turned out amazing.  To see more photos check out http://reneebooephotography.com/blog/?p=5849.  Let us know what you think.  We are trying to figure out what picture best shows off our family for our adoption profile.  We would love any input!

6.  Lastly on Sunday, we had an Evening Musical Presentation at Church to help us get into the Spirit of Christmas.  It was so well put together and brought me to tears a couple times.  Brydon and I sang in the choir.  This was Brydon's very first choir performance!  I was also able to participate in an Acapella duet.  It was fun to get to sing again. It has been awhile since I have done that.  We are really proud of our good friend who put it together so well.  Christmas music sure is beautiful.

Whew!!!  So that is a quick overview of what we have been up to the last few weeks.  Now to finish Christmas presents and get everything shipped off.  Someday I will accomplish this on time, but apparently not this year!  Oh well.  Lots of fun things happening and of course we have needed to visit Santa, watch Christmas specials, and see beautiful parades and light displays.  Priorities, Right?!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm exhausted from reading this!!! All great things though!!

    ReplyDelete