So Brydon really enjoys gardening! Every where we go he likes to try to garden and grow things. I do not have a green thumb at all but enjoy the fruits of gardening so I support the efforts as best I can. So when we moved to Texas and had a yard for the first time we were excited to garden, but living on base makes it tough to want to tear up your yard. So for 2 years we have tried bucket gardening and planter gardening. It has been a complete failure!
Like in only 3 small pear tomatoes in 2 years kind of failure!
So this year I told the hubby, No! Well, then I had a good friend tell me about this book they had and remind me that gardening is an important and healthy skill. We borrowed the book and Brydon became obsessed.
This is a great book and had some wonderful tips. Brydon took notes and mapped out our garden plans. We were going to go all out. Follow the book to the T. This year was going to be a success!
Caleb helped build the square foot box and we were anxious to get started.
We had measured and found the perfect spot in the back yard and were ready to go!
5 Different Compost Mixtures, Peat Moss, & Vermiculite
A Beautiful Homemade Soil
Our Awesome Helper
Caleb made this movie explaining all about our garden. It is terribly shaky since he is just learning and somehow when I converted it from Mac format to a format You Tube would except the quality got bad. Hoping I can figure that out but it is a funny Caleb video.
Proof that I helped too!
And there it is! Our lovely square foot garden! In the planters we are trying out some herbs this year. They were on sale and so we decided to give it a try.
Hopefully we will get more than a couple little tomatoes and this year will be a success!
(Crossing our fingers)

You have such rich and nutritious soil, your garden will be a success for sure!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have success! We are trying to find a house in CA where we can have an awesome garden. Going out this week! I hope we find something, wish us luck!
ReplyDeleteI love that book! it is so rewarding to eat your own food!
ReplyDelete