You have to love Easter time and the coming of Spring. It means flowers are starting to bloom, General Conference (an amazing LDS bi-yearly world meeting) is on it's way, fun Easter traditions, and most importantly a time to reflect on the most important event in history.......
the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Truly a time of New Beginnings!
The Air Force offers some fun family opportunities. For Easter they hold a yearly "Eat Breakfast with the Easter Bunny" and Easter Egg hunt. It is a great event!
Time with the Easter Bunny!
So handsome and all ready to grab a few eggs!
(I have to admit though, what happened to the days of actually hunting for Easter eggs? The mad dash to just grab eggs just isn't quite the same and can be a bit crazy.)
I was sure proud of this sweet guy. This year there was a contest to find special eggs and win big Easter baskets. While waiting for the event to start, Caleb and spotted a special egg. When they released the kids, there was a mad dash for that egg and a little girl even got taken out. Caleb went for it but did not fight or hurt anyone over it. He backed away from the situation. I was really proud of him for not fighting his way to the egg.
Now we have lots of candy we don't need but it was fun.
Some silly homemade bunny biscuits I made one night to have with soup.
Easter morning was filled with the fun Easter egg hunt and checking out the Easter baskets. This year the Easter bunny didn't give as much candy but had some fun little toys to find.
(Boys love cars of all kinds.)
I love our Easter decorations!
Guess who's basket?
Yep, mine! The Easter bunny knew exactly what I was craving this year and I held off buying any before Easter. I was in heaven! These things are so much better than the regular peanut butter cups!
This year Caleb found a fun Safari Vest and Butterfly Net from the Easter bunny. He was so excited! It was fun to watch him load it all up to go do investigations outside.
And it wouldn't be a holiday in our house without pancakes! I am gaining quite a collection of pancake recipes for my boy who LOVES PANCAKES!
So many of you may have seen these cute bunny rolls on Pinterest or Facebook. I saw them quite often and was anxious to make fun bunny rolls. However, when you actually look at the website, these are not rolls but pastries. Obviously very different! But I had the idea in my mind and so decided to just try it and see if I could make it work. You can check out the original recipe here.
I would say this was a complete failure! Not meant for yeast doughs!
Our Wilderness Explorer!
He found his flashlight, compass, notebook, survival bracelet, and binoculars, and was set to explore the world. He has some great observations in his notebook and loved being outside.
So glad the Easter Bunny wanted him to get outside!
What a wonderful time of year!












I couldn't agree more about the Reese's... I got a whole bunch on clearance the week after Easter... I kept them hidden in a cupboard and just finished the last one a day or two ago... sigh... until next year. :)
ReplyDelete