Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Another Year Older & Hopefully Wiser too

Well the time came again to have another birthday.  I have to admit the 30's are still pretty great and since I can still claim early 30's we are doing good!

This year it was meant to be a small quiet birthday but I did get a fun surprise!  My Primary Presidency and I have a tradition of doing a potluck lunch for each other's birthdays.  Due to timing and a crazy week, we decided to eat out at a wonderful local cafe and keep it simple.  Well when I showed up for lunch, a lot of other women did too!  It was a great surprise and we even got a private room.  I love the Hickory Street Cafe and it such a treat to be there with so many of the amazing women I have met here.

My birthday was on a Saturday this year, and so Caleb was so excited to treat me to breakfast in bed.  He had planned out the menu the night before and snuck into our room early to wake up Dad.  It was super super sweet.
No better way to wake up!
The Bradshaw's made me a yummy birthday dinner.  It was a dinner in a Japanese nebemono called Shabu Shabu!  So much fun! 
And Brydon made my Grandmother's "Strawberry Goop Cake" (as he likes to call it).  I do love Strawberries and this is one of my favorite cakes!
Here's to another new year!
Wonder what this year will bring?

1 comment: