Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Day of Love

February is one of the best months ever!  Between my birthday and Valentine's day, I have always loved February and love lots of pink and heart foods.  This year I had to try some fun new foods and I am pretty excited about how they turned out.
For Breakfast, I made heart shaped blueberry muffins and this really cute heart toast.  We had never made anything like this before and it was a hit.  

I found this really great recipe on Pinterest, I just had to try for Valentine's day.  And oh my goodness!!!  They are amazing!  I made a bunch for Brydon to take to work and it was a good thing I gave a bunch away, otherwise I would have eaten them all.  
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
They are so yummy, moist and the perfect mixture of sweet and sour.  Everyone at work found them to be interesting.  Instead of a nice vanilla or strawberry flavor, they got a tangy surprise!
You can check out the recipe here.
I "Wheelie" Like You!
Caleb had a lot of fun picking out his Valentine's idea on Pinterest.  That kid loves to look at Pinterest with me!  This was such a cute boy idea and I liked the idea of not giving out candy.  I got the cars at the dollar store and then Caleb helped me design the card. 
Before Brydon and I went on our very unusual Valentine's date (hopefully more to come on that), we had a fun little family dinner.  I made some stuffed shells and chocolate covered strawberries.  And we added some yummy dipping bread, asparagus, and Jones Strawberry soda.  
It was a fun little family meal!

Hope you had as much fun on Valentine's Day as we did.  
I love a day that you get to celebrate the people you love most just for fun!

1 comment: