Sunday, September 23, 2012

2013 Dyess Air Force Ball

Last weekend, Brydon and I were able to attend the 2013 Air Force Ball to celebrate the Air Force's 65th birthday.  We enjoy the chance to get dressed up and go on a fancy date.
This year I decided to try my hand at making my own dress.  It is always hard to find modest formal dresses and so I found a pattern I wanted to try.  The dress turned out pretty well.  I still want to tweak it a bit but I am happy with the result and it was comfortable.  It was a hard dress and I am so grateful for my amazing seamstress friend, Natalee.  She was able to teach me some new skills and help me finish in time.
We had a wonderful night!  We were able to spend dinner chatting with a kind city counsel man and his wife.  It was interesting to learn about some city politics issues and visit was such an interesting person.  We also got a few dances in before we called it a night.
Sure do love that handsome man!  I am a lucky girl!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful couple you are!!!! You did an amazing job on your dress!! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did do a fabulous job on that dress!! You're becoming quite the seamstress yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete