I owe the great pattern and mastering of this project to my friend Brenna. She is an amazing seamstress and actually designed the pattern. I had found an apron online that I loved and she designed it from my online picture (so cool, huh!). Then we put one together for me and I tweaked it a little a bit for the gifts and made the mini version. I am always so grateful for amazing people who share their very amazing talents. Thank you Brenna!!
I love this matching set. I made the top one for my sister-in-law and then a mini matching version for my niece. I think they turned out so cute.
These two were made for my sister and other sister-in-law. The top one turned out really cute, even better than I thought, but I was disappointed with the pink apron. I wanted it to pop more and envisioned something a bit different. I think I should have done the sash a different color. Oh well, she claims she likes it but I was sad it the colors didn't look like I had hoped.
These last two were for the moms. The top one is for my mom and has birds to match her kitchen and the bottom is for my mother-in-law. Red is her color and I think it turned out really sharp.
Overall it was a good experience and I really like the pattern. I want to make myself another one and hope I can make some more in the future.
Those are so cute!! I love the pleated ruffles around the bottom!
ReplyDeleteadorable! Great job! I bought aprons just like those at flirtyaprons.com a couple of years ago. We've loved them. But they are getting pretty old - I'd love to sew new ones - would you be willing to share the pattern? I love that your friend's name is the same as my youngest daughter! We love the name Brenna. :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous aprons Jennifer! Hard to say which one is my favorite because they are all so beautiful. I guess I’d have to go with the polka dot one. You are simply amazing. I didn't even get cards sent out this year. I made them and had nearly 50 printed, but I never wrote a personalized message in them and put them in the mail. They are still sitting in my closet. Maybe I will send them out for an April Fool’s joke.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the shout out! It was a pretty good team effort, though, and you certainly did master them! They are darling! Wanna start a business? Just kidding!
ReplyDelete