Sunday, March 27, 2011

Perfectly Framed

When we got married, I asked my sister (who is amazing with cross-stitch and crocheting) to make us a cross-stitch of the well known scripture in Ruth. During our dating/engagement time (if you know our story, you know they are pretty much the same thing), I found a conference talk called Eternal Marriage by Elder F. Burton Howard. It is a wonderful talk that was very meaningful at the time and in it he refers to this particular scripture in Ruth 1:16-17. I have always loved this story and had a special connection to it, so it was a scripture that I wanted to symbolize our marriage. I remember feeling a bit nervous about what I was getting into, but after reading this talk I felt at peace and made a decision then that I would follow my husband wherever he went. Little did I know what I was really in for, but I am so grateful for that decision and the peace I felt.
Well my amazing sister custom made a beautiful cross-stitch for us for our wedding. It was so beautiful that we had it specially stretched so that it would be preserved and not yellow, but did not have the money to have it custom framed. So we have cared for it for over 7 years but never been able to hang it, until just recently. For my birthday, the cross-stitch finally got the custom frame it needed. It is so beautiful and sits on the wall that people see when they first come in our home. I love it! It is so wonderful to get to hang the scripture that has truly become more of a symbol in our marriage than I thought. Thanks sis-sis-er!



No comments:

Post a Comment