![]() |
| Photo album made with Smilebox |
Sunday, August 22, 2010
The Alaskan Escape: Just a Dad and His Son!
So to celebrate Brydon's recent graduation from Graduate School and a looming 50th Birthday for Dad, Brydon and his dad had a father/son outing to of course ALASKA. Homer, Alaska! They had such a great time together and Brydon is so lucky to not only enjoy being with his dad but having a dad who is truly his best friend. They were able to walk on a glacier and see all sorts of beautiful wildlife. They spent two days deep sea fishing and caught everything from cool Salmon and Yellow Eyed Rock Fish to truly ugly Ling Cod. Rumor has it they had some popular fish to photograph! The guide they used comes highly recommended. In the end they shipped home 350 lbs of fish. Good thing we like fish and for great internet recipes! Then they were able to enjoy a bear sight seeing adventure in Katmai National Park. These two loves bears! And of course they have taught Caleb well. I love the pictures from the park. The trip was then completed with a kayak trip. Brydon is now just as convinced as his father that living in Alaska would be "pure heaven on earth". I can't deny that it sure looks amazing but I just don't know if I need to live there; especially during the winter. But I have been informed that Brydon will be going back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment