Well we survived another week. I can't tell you how tired I am already of Medical School applications. I thought it was painful 2 years ago, but they made the whole process much more painful this year. I don't want to help write any more answers to stupid essay questions or figure out how to maneuver all the hoops they created to get the proper recommendations sent. But I do hope it will be all worth it in the end. I think Dr. Manning has a nice ring to it and 2 Dr. Manning's just sounds really good:)
Last week, we discovered that our son had grown again and now needs to wear mainly 4T clothing. He just turned 3. And his feet went from a size 8 1/2 to a size 10. He is a tall, solid little boy. This week, he has turned into an endless pit. All I have heard from him is, "I'm hungry mom!" or "Mom, I'm really hungry!" or "My tummy hurts. I'm hungry." He practically ate a meal during sacrament meeting today because he was starving already. Then he ate crackers and a few cookies in the car on the way home. And ate a sandwich when we got home. I keep hearing Rolly on 101 Dalmatian's "I'm hungry mama. I'm really hungry mama." or the great quote from 17 Again "What are you eating?" "I don't even know but all I know is that I am hungry alllll the time!" Honestly what are we going to do to feed this boy when he is 17. I am getting nervous already. So for now I am holding off buying any new clothes or shoes until we find out what size he really needs to be wearing. We did have a great quotable moment yesterday in the car when Caleb was informing us that he was hungry again. He asked me if he could have a sandwich for dinner (we are on a complete sandwich kick now). I told him we were going to have grilled chicken and rice. He was not happy about my dinner choice and began whining for a sandwich. I told him that he could eat chicken to help his tummy out or he was going to be awfully hungry. After a slight pause he said, "Mom, my tummy is telling you it needs a sandwich." Well what do you say to that. Fortunately his tummy was hungry enough to eat chicken and rice and carrots and a homemade milkshake. I didn't know a 3 year old could be an Endless Pit.
WOW! I've heard boys are bigger and eat more...guess it's very true! What a cute 'big' boy he is!
ReplyDeleteOh yea...Taylor eats 6 full meals a day during hockey season. He started with his "hallow leg syndrome" when he was born though, he's always eaten a TON. I TOTALLY understand the how am I going to feed them at 17 thoughts...AAAHHH
ReplyDeleteHa Ha! I hear you. When Adam was only 1 my uncle told Jon to look into a really good job so that we could feed our son because he already ate SO much. Boys...Who knew? :)
ReplyDelete