Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Day of Compliments

So today was just one of those good days for super cute compliments from my sweet little boy. I just had to record the moments.
While on the couch watching a movie this afternoon with Caleb, he grabbed and squeezed my arm and said, “Mom, I love so much. You’re my best friend.” Then burrowed in and snuggled me good through the movie.

Brydon and Caleb had a little father/son outing to run a couple errands and get Rita’s Water Ice (pronounced “wadda ice” here in Philly). On the way home, Brydon mentioned how fun it would be to finally slurp down their water ice. Caleb said, “I’m going to slurp your cheekies, because I love Daddy!”

While I was making dinner, Caleb informed me that he was so hungry and just couldn’t wait for the soup to be done. It took some convincing but finally he was able to eat the potato soup and salad I had made. After a few bites he said, “Thanks mom, this is so yummy.” After finishing his first bowl of soup and while eating his second he said, “Thanks for dinner mom. I love you!”

You know it is no wonder my son is so good at complimenting his mom. Brydon is constantly complimenting me. There is not a day that goes by that my husband doesn’t tell me I’m beautiful. He is so wonderful and such a good example to Caleb. Caleb has learned well from his father. A few weeks ago as Caleb and I were rushing to make it to church on time, I opened Caleb’s door and asked him to crawl in. Instead he ran around the back of the car to the other side. I was not happy and began to get after him to get himself in the car, NOW. However, he ran over opened my car door and came back with a cute grin and told me, “Mom, I opened your door for you.” Well I had to apologize and thank my sweet son for his kindness. The same kindness he sees his dad do for me all the time. How did I get so lucky to have two amazing men in my life? Caleb is so lucky to get to follow in his father’s footsteps.

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the two men in your life ready for church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - he's such a lil angel! Soo sweet!

    ReplyDelete