Friday, October 11, 2013

Bike for Kids--10 Mile Bike Race

In August, Caleb saw a sign for a 10 mile bike race that kids were able to participate in.  He was THRILLED and begged us to let him ride in the race.  We didn't realize how serious he was until the race date got closer and he kept reminding us.  So I signed Daddy and Caleb up for the race! 
It was a cold, windy day with a chance of rain but Caleb was determined to ride no matter what.  He bundled up and took off.  There was another boy maybe about 14 years old but they were the only kids in the race.  
Off they go!
Being the crazed, involved mother that I am, I of course drove the route and waited to see them along the way.  I got to cheer them on and make sure my little guy was going to make it.
The wind was so horrible and I knew it was a tough ride.  
There were some hills and 10 miles is a long way!
Two happy boys to see the Finish Line!
It took them 1 hour and 16 minutes but Caleb did it!
We were so proud of our determined boy and Caleb definitely has an amazing father who rode right beside him and told him he could make it!  
Love those boys of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment