Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Till Death Do Us Part"

I have been so excited to share our fun Valentine's date, however, I completely forgot to take any pictures!  So the director of the events was kind enough to recently send me her pictures to share.  I couldn't share this without pictures!
 
A few days before Valentine's Day, I attended an Autism Speaks conference and during the conference there was a silent auction.  I put in a bid on a Valentine's Murder/Mystery date in the community.  With my birthday so close to Valentine's we usually don't do any big dates for Valentine's but this would be a unique, cheap date.  I ended up winning the bid and Brydon was kind enough to be adventurous with me.  The evening would be a "Wedding" event.  We were to dress like we were going to a Texas wedding and come ready to get our parts to act out the mystery! 
My hubby is such a good sport!
We had no idea what to expect or how a community event like this would be run but we were excited to have a unique evening.
Unfortunately, only 2 other couples turned out for the event.  We learned that this was a new event in town and that a new company called EVENTMENTS was just getting on its feet.  But I have to hand it to EVENTMENTS!  The place was well decorated, they went all out, and when there weren't enough couples to play the game, the EVENTMENTS family jumped in and we gathered around the table to have a fun night!
We were each given our parts and began a fun evening of getting to know each other and trying to figure out who killed the very unlikeable bride at her wedding reception.
Was it the dashing new husband?
Or could it be the Maid of Honor?
Then there was the brooding and very mysterious stranger at the wedding. 
And oh so handsome, too!
He happened to bring a gun to the wedding and turned out to be a professional hit man.
This part fit Brydon very well!
 
But surprisingly it turned out to be the groom's brother!  No one even guessed.
The Fabulous Bride and Groom!
The Bride won most Dramatic.
I was the snotty cousin of the bride who despised my cousin.
I won best dressed!
Brydon and I learned that dressing for a Texas wedding is very different than we thought.
Jeans would have worked great.
 
It really turned out to be a wonderful evening.  Everyone was so friendly and relaxed.  I had forgotten how fun those Murder/Mystery games could be and EVENTMENTS did a great job pulling off a fun Valentine's Night!
 
Check out the EVENTMENTS facebook page to see their schedule of events or to request a personal event.

1 comment: