I normally don't do much for St. Patrick's Day. We don't have any regular traditions other than wearing Green. But this year, Brydon was going to be gone for a Scout Camp out and Service Project, so I decided to make it a fun day.
The night before St. Patrick's, Caleb made our first ever Leprechaun trap. Some of our friends made these so we decided to give it a try. We hoped we could lure the Leprechaun in to trap him, so we could talk to him the next day. Caleb made a cute rainbow and we put together a make shift Pot of Gold in a box. For a last minute idea, I think it turned out well.
Our First Leprechaun Trap
The Leprechaun was really sneaky and during the night he turned all our chairs over and left a little trail of green paper to some treats.
Caleb was so excited to check his trap in the morning. He thought for sure he had been successful! He was very sad to open the box and find out it was empty. He looked at me and said, "Mom, I really wanted to catch that Leprechaun so he would tell us the magic word to ride the Rainbow. I really wanted to ride that Rainbow!"
Caleb loved that the Leprechaun magically turned our milk green though.
For a fun lunch, we invited some good friends over, whose husbands were also out of town, for a Green Party. We had yummy green punch and green "tortillas" for our tacos.
Our Super Cute Green Kiddos
Dessert was a Big Favorite
My super talented friend made these awesome rainbow cupcakes with clouds and I took the chance to make my grandma's pistachio nut torte (yummy yummy). Can't have a party with out yummy treats!
Then my other artistic and talented friend brought some face paint. The kids spent time playing, getting their faces' painted, and having their nails painted green (yep even the boys).
A fun and simple way to celebrate the Luck of the Irish! What a fun day!












You really went above and beyond. Fun stuff!
ReplyDeleteWe had such a great time!!! Maybe Caleb should start planning his trap for next year!
ReplyDelete