Me: "Oh really. What is that?"
Caleb: "I think Jesus' plan should be that we eat dessert before we eat our dinner. Or that we could eat chocolate cake all the time. Well....that may not be very healthy but I would like to eat dessert first."
(Hmmm....who knew that was part of Jesus' plan. But it does sound like fun idea.)
One night we had a late night at our friend's house, so we just put all the kids to bed together. Later Caleb comes out of the room and we ask why he isn't asleep.
His reply: "Because we have hair in our mouths! (we laugh) I really do!"
Sure enough, after looking in his mouth we found a hair from a giant stuffed gorilla. I guess he had been challenged to bite the gorilla and he did.
While out shopping, Caleb and Brydon were horsing around. Caleb was crawling up dad. All of a sudden, Brydon said "Ouch" and put Caleb down quickly. He was rubbing his stomach and asked Caleb why he had bit him.
Caleb said, "I didn't bite you. I just had my mouth open and then closed it!!"
Brydon, "That is the essense of biting."
Apparently Caleb had opened his mouth and then closed it pretty hard on his dad. The sore bothered Brydon for quite a while.
One afternoon while getting the after school snack, I had given Caleb a list of healthy snack options. We had discussed how carrots were good for the brain. He choose carrots and while eating his snack, he began making up math problems for me to solve. He asked me if I knew what 9 + 1 was. When I said 10, Caleb said, "No mom, it's 91. You must not have eaten a lot of carrots when you were young, because I am way smarter than you!"
What do you say to that?!? I just ended up laughing! :)
Caleb was getting his jammies on one evening. While he was getting dressed, I went and put toothpaste on his toothbrush. He came into the bathroom and saw his toothbrush waiting for him. He looked at me and said, "Mom! You have to just accept that I am a big boy now and don't need your help."
Yeah well I don't know if Moms ever believe that!!! At least I am sure not!
Hope your February was filled with love and fun! And make sure you eat plenty of carrots so you can be smarter than a 5 year old!
Caleb is such a funny, sweet boy!!
ReplyDeleteI can just hear his him saying these things too! Way too funny!
ReplyDelete