Sunday, September 25, 2011
Dyess Air Force Ball
Last weekend
was the Dyess Air Force Ball in celebration of the Air Force's Birthday. We decided it was a great opportunity to get to dress up and have a fancy date. I was fortunate to find a dress in town and then with the help of my amazing seamstress friend, add a little more to the sleeves to make it modest enough. It was a fun dress to find and very different than anything I had ever worn. Brydon got to finally wear his Mess Dress. It is a really expensive uniform that I had actually never seen him in. I sure think he looks awfully handsome though!! Quite the Officer and a Gentleman. This was my first official Air Force function and it was really neat. The customs and courtesies are very patriotic and are a great tribute to our Armed Forces and to those that have suffered so much for our country. The ball was held in one of the plane hangars and so was very hot, which was the only downer to the night. Dinner was simple but nice and we had some great company. The speaker was good and the official cutting of the Air Force Birthday cake with a sword was hilarious. The best part was the dancing afterwards. I don't think we have danced since our wedding so it was so fun to dance together all dressed up. The DJ needed a little help getting some decent music to dance to, but we got to dance to our song and a few others by the time we called it a night. We had a great time and enjoyed the chance to get all fancy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I know it was hot but the hangar looks like a really awesome place to have a formal ball!! I'm so glad you had such a great time!!
ReplyDeleteooh la la! You both look smokin' hott! What a fun event! I love the 'old war style' look and you guys pull-it off verry nicely! How awesome! (I'm a little jealous you got to dress up like that and take pics by the plane and dance through the night -- very romantic!)
ReplyDelete